Saturday 21 June 2014

A day to myself...

Yesterday was the first day since Pauline went over to her mum's (it will be 3 weeks on Tuesday) that I could do something by choice rather than necessity. It was a good feeling but my choices were not very exiting - morning coffee with my friend and neighbour David then tidied up our own house as have been living like 'single bloke' as after cleaning other houses is difficult to find the motivation to do your own place - that and being tired after heavy manual work, I am getting on a bit! Did a washing and hung it out and then went into Chatellerault for my weekly shopping. Treated myself to a pair of old people's trainers from 'Decathlon' helpful assistant wanted me to buy colourful jazzy pair but I explained that I was nearly 60 and didn't think them appropriate, he assured me that old men in France wear them...must look out for them. Did a bit of weeding in the garden and then its off out to the music night in the bar. Exiting day or what...choices eh!


The 'Day to myself'' reminded me of a lovely song of the same name by Clifford T. Ward. The song is also rather poignant being so close to the events at Normandy recently.



I maybe should not admit this but 'Home thoughts from abroad' by him was the first album I ever bought and his song of the same name remains one of my all-time favourites.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favs too... Really you should have had "A day in the life".... Glad you are having a good time being a single man again....

    ReplyDelete