Wednesday 16 May 2012

New skills...

A new skill I've tried to learn since moving over here is that of wall building. Not brick but walls using the local stone. My first experience was a little dry stone dyke plus small rebuild at our Le Grand Pressigny house.



 Then helping friends repair a wall at their lovely property just outside the village of Lesigny on the road to La Roche Posay.


Then on to my biggest challenge to date...


Friends in Lesigny had a wall that was spilling out onto the road - I don't know how long it had stood there but it had reached the end of its useful life - not helped by the 'backing-up' of materials over the years.    

The build went something like this..





In the end I and more importantly they were pleased with the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment