Friday 18 January 2013

Do people fall for this...

Had a phone call this morning from someone with heavy foreign accent claiming to be from Windows operating system 'technical department', she asked me to open up the Event Viewer (eventvwr.exe) and claimed that  my computer was being attacked by malware and viruses. When I questioned how she knew my particular computer had this problem she went to great lengths to explain my unique windows id blah blah blah - all very convincing perhaps if you were not aware of such scams. I asked was she working directly for Microsoft -no, just technical help - and told her I was recording the conversation asked for her name (Anna) and a number I could call her back on 00442020860664 ?
There is plenty on the net re this...here's a video;

No comments:

Post a Comment