Thursday 14 February 2013

Exercising my French






It is Thursday.  Thursdays are when I go to Lesigny with my French neighbour and friend, Caroline. We attend a keepfit/exercise class at the Salle des Fetes, along with another half dozen French ladies and an English lady from the village.  I find this a satisfying experience as I, not only, indulge in some much needed physical exercise, I have to use my French, both with a view to following instructions and also social interaction. It also affords me some degree of independence as working with Jim as well as living with him has resulted in us being joined at the hip.

Having attended exercise classes on a regular basis in Scotland in the 80's and 90's, I am amazed to find young insructresses still using some of the exercises, such as Rover's revenge, taught by Jane Fonda in her heyday.

                       

2 comments:

  1. I think I have that exact same video. I just need to use it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love my nights out with the girls, exercise classes. circuit training. aerobics( step or otherwise) it was all the same as long as we ended the night in the pub with a spring roll to see us hime

      Delete