Thursday 11 February 2016

A day in the merde (et un bon voisin)...


Yesterday wasn't a good day...with the clock ticking with regards to the work we need to do before the new rental season begins, we were about to move onto the downstairs shower room here in Barrou (I know.we should have started La Guerche by now) but our soil pipe had different ideas...we had a blockage.

I was silly enough to lift the inspection cover of the égout on my own and have injured my back. Fortunately my good neighbour came to the rescue and cleared the blockage but I am left hobbling about. 

The most important aspect of our lives here in France is our health and when we do have a problem it hits us hard.We are lucky enough to enjoy relatively good health and try not to take it for granted as we know how fragile we really are. I have to keep reminding myself that I am not as young as I used to be.

Anyway our plans are on hold until I get over my current problem...as Burns once said "The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men Gang aft agley" 




No comments:

Post a Comment