Thursday 1 March 2018

Promoting my region - Centre-Val de Loire

I like to think of myself as an ambassador for our delightful region here in France and where originally it was simply a means of helping us to promote our holiday accommodation it has, I must confess, become a bit of an obsession. This has lead me to exploring new towns or villages or visiting a new place of historical interest like one of the many fine churches, or simply walking in the beautiful countryside and then either blogging about it or adding a new page to my website. 


I also like to promote local and regional events when I can but find myself sometimes being frustrated by the lack of detailed information available for the potential visitors. The event above is a good example (I am a big 'fan' of Joan). Here the local association 'Jeanne en Lumière' organizes an annual re-enactment of the arrival of Joan of Arc on March 6, 1429 in Chinon and have obviously put a lot of work into it but to find a programme of the day's events I tried to search on the local tourist websites...but to no avail.Did find some detail in an article here and on InfoTours website but nothing on Chinon;s official tourist board website,or maybe I'm missing something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment